PrenatalSAFE® is a screening test for the detection of aneuploidy and fetal chromosomal abnormalities in any pregnancy and at any age, but is particularly suitable in the following cases:
- Pregnancies where invasive prenatal diagnosis is contraindicated (eg risk of spontaneous abortion)
- Positive first-quarter screening (Bi-Test)
- Advanced maternal age (> 35 years)
- Advanced paternal age (> 40 years)
- Ultrasound picture of fetal abnormalities suggestive of aneuploidy
- Personal/family history of chromosomal abnormalities
- Partner(s) of the couple carrying a balanced Robertsonian Translocation, on chromosomes 13 or 21.